Thursday 13 December 2012

Trapped


So for assignment's sake, these are some of the steps of how I designed my final artwork.



1st Step: I scanned my sketch, and re-sized it to fit an A3 size.


2nd Step: After a few corrections and modifications, this is my outline of my sketch. I used Crayon brushes that i downloaded, so that my sketch would have a more raw and rugged feel to it.  


3rd Step: I coloured the sketch, making sure i used darker tones, in order for my sketch to have a more somber feeling. The bars of the cage were coloured using 3 shades, to highlight the direction of the light in the picture.


4th Step: Shading of the child prostitute, although  it might seem so obvious (notice the lighter shade of the body)


5th Step: Shading of the hand was done, forming shadows at the bottom, to show light direction. 


6th Step: A basic background was done to set the mood of the sketch. This colour was chosen to show sadness, but also in a way to depict dirt, like how dirty and miserable her life is being a child prostitute. 

7th Step: I downloaded water colour brushes to creates splodges on the background, giving the art piece a cloudy effect, the opacity of it was reduced so that it could blend in with the background.

8th Step: An image of parchment paper was copied onto the file, to add a further "dirty" effect to the background; the opacity was also reduced. 


9th Step: I then downloaded the burnt paper effect brushes, to "burn" the edge of the parchment coloured background, to depict suffering and pain felt by the child prostitute.


10th Step: Finally, I used a light opacity glow brush to darken the art piece, darkening the piece and bringing an overall solemn effect to my artwork. 


And after all that work, I present to you .. Trapped. 



No comments:

Post a Comment