Thursday 15 November 2012

The Sorting Hat

After almost two weeks of jumping from one sketch to another, I finally chose to sketch + re-paint this :). Of course anyone would know that this is the sorting hat from good ol' Harry Potter. When I was young i used to hope for a letter from Hogwarts and all to learn magic but yea, this sorting hat will be the closest I can get. Which house do you want to be in ? ;)

The Original Sketch with Colour
My Reproduction :)
I outlined all the lines that formed the hat and the shadow, then I slowly added in the colours using the Eyedropper Tool on Photoshop. Sad to say, I couldn't get the same texture as the original but i did try using Dry media brushes bring out some texture. All the colours were merged using the Blur Tool :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment