Monday 26 November 2012

Art Movements

When researching on all the art movements I found the Constructivism and Renaissance art movementsto be the most interesting of all the 14 that were introduced to us in class. 


Example of Rennaisance Art
Source: http://bcm.bc.edu/issues/winter_2008/endnotes/smoke-and-mirrors.html
Ever since I was a kid, I've always had felt this drawn towards this from of art. Maybe it was because I had a strong interest in World History, but I think it was also because artist from the Renaissance period paid a lot of attention to detail. Strokes of paintings as well as colour choices were very precise. Besides that, the pieces that came from the Renaissance period holds much story behind what is being portrayed. 


Example of Constructivism Art
http://nikkor.tumblr.com/post/194137698/so-is-alexander-rodchenko-the constructivist
By looking through some of the Constructivism artwork from the internet, I noticed that most pieces use the colour red is used very often in Constructivism art. In my opinion, the usage of red helps to emphasize the message intended to be communicated. Most art pieces that came from the Constructivism period, were done to convey strong messages during  transitional times like the rise of feminism.


No comments:

Post a Comment